Northeast Florida Free Training
Please join Florida’s Children First for a free training covering the issues of Arrest & Conviction of Dependent Children
This training will help participants understand what happens to children when they are arrested and charged in juvenile and adult court. It will give special attention to the treatment of children in the dependency system and offer suggestions as to how child welfare staff, caregivers, GALs and children’s lawyers can help make sure these youth get the supports and services they need while incarcerated and after release. The training will address:
1. The consequences of arrest and convictions – and resources available to help kids.
2. Juvenile vs. adult charges – how you can help get charges not filed or reduced.
3. Legal obligations of the state to provide services to kids in state custody.
4. Provision of services to kids in the community.
5. Special needs of “crossover” kids (open dependency case as well as charged).
Who Should Attend: Attorneys, GALs, Caregivers, Caseworkers, Supervisors, and other individuals who work directly with youth.
Date: Thursday, November 15, 2012 from 1-4pm
Place: Jacksonville Children’s Commission
1095 A. Philip Randolph Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32206